Would you like to help coordinate our movement? Applications are now open!
Six positions in the DiEM25 Coordination Collective are up for election and you can play a role in coordinating our movement across Europe.
The time has come. We are renewing half of our Coordination Collective (CC) again, and all DiEM25 members are invited to apply.
CC members coordinate our movement to ensure that it remains a relevant and powerful force in the struggle for popular power in Europe. Their responsibilities range from managing teams of volunteers, planning and maintaining processes and deadlines, developing and executing strategies, developing policies and political campaigns, to political representation of our common project.
DiEM25 is a feminist movement promoting gender balance in all its bodies, including the CC. At least 50% of CC members will be women. We also encourage people from all parts of Europe and beyond (as almost all meetings are virtual) and from all walks of life to apply.
Do you have the time, experience and skills to coordinate our movement? Check out the requirements and schedule here. You can submit your application on the same page.
CC 2021 election calendar.
July the 5th: CC call for applications
July 16: The page goes up, applicants can start collecting signatures, objections to applications can be filed, more people can still submit their applications
August 4: Deadline to submit your application
August 10: Deadline for collecting signatures (each candidate needs 20 signatures)
Aug 13: Voting begins
August 28: Last day to vote
August 29: The results are announced
DiEM25 members who are considering running for a CC position should consider the following.
What are the requirements?
- The language in which CC meets, discusses and deliberates is English. A perfect command of English is therefore vital.
- CC members are working hard and, due to the current financial situation of DiEM25, without any monetary reward. Applicants must therefore be prepared to devote a minimum of four hours per day to the work related to DiEM25, mainly the practical organization.
- CC members, like all DiEMers, must identify with the manifesto and be prepared to respect our organizing principles.
- CC members should be familiar with the policies and positions of DiEM25, so that they can be represented in the media, in discussions with partners or at conferences.
- CC members attend at least one teleconference per week and often have to attend events on behalf of DiEM25 or physical CC meetings. Travel is reimbursed.
- If you are an active politician with an elected term, you cannot be a candidate or CC member unless the VC grants you an exemption. If you are a member of a political party, you must declare it in your application. In addition, if you become a member of a party while in the CC, you must immediately notify the CC. Failure to disclose political party affiliation is grounds for disqualification / dismissal.
- The deadline to qualify as a candidate is June 1, 2021. All members who joined after this date must wait for another round of elections.
- Applicants must fully complete the application form. Incomplete applications, for example those without video, will not be entered on the ballot.
- Each application can only be one person, not a team.
How do I submit my application?
You can submit your applications until August 4th. In order to qualify as a candidate, you must be a member since at least June 1, 2021. Any member who joins after this date must wait for another round of elections.
DiEM25 particularly welcomes applications from people with strong planning, organizational and fundraising skills, people living in countries not currently represented on the CC, or women and minorities.
Potential applicants should provide the following as part of their application: a brief statement, a description of their work for DiEM25, a description of their practical coordination work experience outside of DiEM25, a CV, a video message in English for the attention of fellow DiEM25 voters and a scanned copy of an official ID or passport.
For more information on how to submit your application, click here.
Interview with the CC.
After submitting your candidacy, the electoral commission will get in touch in order to conduct an interview, which is also an opportunity for you to ask questions about the Coordination Collective.
Submit your application.
We hope to see your application!
Would you like to be informed of DiEM25’s actions? register here