John Bailey, White Plains CitizeNetReporter Publisher/Editor, Michael Edelman, Esq., National Political Analyst/Pundit, Ron Matten, Yonkers Politician, and Hezi Aris, Yonkers Tribune Publisher/Editor on Westchester On the Level – Monday April 11, 2022 – 10am- 12:00 p.m. DST
Listen to the broadcast “Live” or “On Demand” using the following hyperlink which is specific to April 11, 2022n/a broadcast: http://tobtr.com/s/12081268
Listeners are welcome to ask questions or make comments when they stay on topic.
The call number is 347-205-9201
All callers are asked to share their first name so we can refer to those who are calling respectfully!
The topics to be discussed are defined here.
PALM BEACH GARDENS, FL, WHITE PLAINS, NY and YONKERS, NY – April 11, 2022 – We open today’s Westchester On the Level broadcast heard on the Blog Talk Radio platform with John Bailey, White Plains CitizenNet Reporter Editor/Editor. 10 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. DST.
- New York State provides weekly, bi-weekly, and tri-weekly reports of people who test positive for Covid-19 infections. As disparate variants change, infection rates oscillate between increases and/or decreases. Can we deduce that behaviors exacerbate tendencies, whether they are attenuated or enhanced? In a nation of great freedoms, does the government have the answer? Has China been more effective in its guidelines and conduct than we have in the United States or are the people of Shanghai questioning the human cost of COVID quarantines in China ? Can science lead us to healing? Is America concerned? Are we unaware of the potential dangers? Are we distant because “best practices” do not meet our individual and collective needs? Are we just exhausted from not knowing what to do and “guidelines/directives” have exhausted the patience of many? Is this America’s first glimpse of what it’s like to experience COVID-19 outbreaks during a new phase of living with the virus, and the list of newly infected people is peppered with politicians, celebrities, residents?
- The Bronx Bombers returned to home plate at Yankee Stadium to cheers from fans on Sunday, April 10and. The roar of the crowd, the sound of a bat swinging to get a batter to first base is exhilarating. Sport has no age. 10 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. DST.
Michael Edelman, Esq., national policy analyst/expert sets takeaways regarding recent events and circumstances
- The Associated Press reports that the aging homeless population in the United States is growing rapidly. Define the group of people aged 50 and over who suddenly found themselves without a permanent home due to job loss, divorce, death in the family or health crisis during the pandemic world. Can the nation ignore this growing concern? Is there a solution? Can one-room dwellings be built to meet the needs of an increasingly deprived population?
- The Associated Press reports that the Biden administration will release its long-awaited ghost gun rule — aimed at limiting privately-made firearms without serial numbers that are increasingly showing up at crime scenes — as early as Monday. The completion of the rule comes as the White House and Justice Department come under increasing pressure to crack down on gun deaths and violent crime in the United States.
- Angry even as Pres. Biden is winning plaudits on some fronts, food and energy prices will rise, the relentless two-year battle with the pandemic, inflation, among other concerns, looks set to punish Democrats in the coming months midterm elections. The conclusions of January 6and Will the attack on Congress make a difference in the minds of voters and in the vote they cast?
- Is America heading for a recession? What needs to change for the nation to move forward? 10:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. DST.
Ron Matten, Yonkers politicianspeak to a multitude of questions and concerns that the public may consider when and/or deciding to support one candidate or another. Will political dogma make the law? Will it be through financial means? Perhaps personality, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation or some other differentiation? Do we still know or is it the “secret weapon” hidden until a month or a few weeks before the actual election? 11 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. DST.
The last segment is presented by Yonkers Grandstand Editor/Editor Hezi Aris and is an introspection regarding the most recent news regarding Ukraine and the impact it is having on the world stage. 11:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. DST