Congressional Second District Republican Party Announces New Leaders Elected – The Advocate-Messenger
The Congressional Second District Republican Party announced the newly elected leaders following their recent successful district convention.
“It’s humiliating to be elected by my fellow Republican Congressional Second District,” said Congressional Second District President Tom Tye. “I am proud to be a part of this team and to serve with our newly elected leaders. Our leadership team comes from all over the district, and we are excited about the future and look forward to winning even more elections for our GOP candidates in the future. “
District presidents and officers chair the Republican Party congressional district committee in their region. They provide leadership and oversight of fundraising, event planning and other local county party organizations that make up their congressional district.
Below are the newly elected Congressional District Presidents and Officers, who will serve a four-year term under Kentucky Republican Party rules:
• President Tom Tye, Danville
• Vice-president representing Samara Heavrin, Leitchfield
• Extraordinary member Timothy Gilliam, Bowling Green
• Full Member Aaron Witten, Leitchfield
• Extraordinary member Richard McClard, Glasgow
• Extraordinary member Thomas Watson, Owensboro